Vice President, Engineering and R&D, Information Technology and Services
Nate Dudek: Technology Leader, Software Development and Architecture Expert, Web and eCommerce Specialist, Agile Evangelist, Caffeine Junkie
Nate Dudek's Bio:
Nate Dudek is a technologist based out of Connecticut specializing in software development, web technologies, mobile applications, product strategy, and user experience (UX). He has designed, developed, and lead teams on projects of all sizes: from implementing large-scale enterprise solutions at Fortune 500 companies to acting as a technology adviser at startups.
He is currently Vice-President, Engineering and R&D of Clarus Marketing Group, a Norwest Venture Partners portfolio company focused on providing subscription and loyalty solutions for online retailers. He is also one of the authors of ASP.NET 4 Unleashed for Sams Press/Pearson, has written for MSDN Magazine, and blogs about all areas of software development at Caffeine Dependency Injection (www.caffeinedi.com).
Across multiple industries, he is a proven IT leader with a background of deep technical expertise paired with corporate strategy, business process optimizations, and executive leadership. Unique set of skills to accomplish everything from building, training, motivating, and leading IT organizations to guiding key technical decisions for implementing scalable, maintainable, high-performance systems.
Key Skillsets and Strengths:
Software Development / Systems Architecture
- Envisioning and implementing large-scale scalable solutions
- Expert in web technologies and development platforms (Microsoft .NET and open-source technologies)
- Deep technical background in "big-picture" system architectures all the way down to writing precise, low-level code Mobile Strategy
- Utilizing mobile platforms to open and optimize revenue channels
- Applying "Responsive Design" techniques to promote both maintainability and usability in web product strategy
- Building native mobile applications
Business Process Optimizations
- Expertise in Project Management, Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC), and IT Governance
- Agile and Scrum methodologies with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment techniques
- Implementing IT Support and Help Desk processes for predictable delivery and metrics
Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Empowering Sales, Operations, Finance, and Marketing with Predictive Analytics and Data Visualizations
- Intelligent dashboarding and data visualizations
- "Big Data," Data Warehousing, and Data Mining
- Data center design, optimization, and migration
- Building asset-light IT organizations
- Cloud strategy
- Information security and compliance
- Building highly-motivated teams with a focus on empowering individuals through training and ownership/accountability
- Key contributor to sales cycles *Budgeting, forecasting, and cost-savings
Nate Dudek's Experience:
Vice President, Software Services at Clarus Marketing GroupOctober 2011 - March 2014
Responsible for leading the Clarus IT organization through all aspects of IT, including systems, infrastructure, architecture, and support services. Hired and managed top IT talent and implemented best-in-class IT management practices and processes. Also responsible for all executive functions, including budgeting, strategy, executive leadership and contributing to the sales cycle. Clarus was named to the 2013 CIO 100, recognizing companies that demonstrate excellence and innovation in IT. http://www.cio.com/cio100/detail/2320
IT Project Manager at OAKLEAF Waste ManagementApril 2011 - October 2011
Led a team of four direct reports and additional project team members through all phases of software development life cycle. Projects include billing applications, e-Business websites, system integrations, and large-scale enterprise applications.
Development Lead, Co-Founder at Exclaim ComputingNovember 2009 - October 2011
Providing software development and consulting services focusing in the areas of enterprise, small business, and startup development, cloud computing, and mobile applications (iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone 7 Series, BlackBerry, and Android).
Systems Architect at Oakleaf Waste ManagementJuly 2010 - April 2011
Responsible for architectural decisions regarding technology strategy, enterprise architecture, and system integrations. Set technology standards to eliminate individualized decisions and software maintenance issues. Led development effort of a large-scale customer eBusiness application utilizing ASP.NET MVC 2, Unity (Dependency Injection and Aspect-Oriented Programming), custom jQuery plugins, and CSS. Core focus was maintainability, usability, and accessibility.
Senior Developer / Team Lead at OAKLEAF Waste ManagementAugust 2008 - June 2010
Responsible for designing and implementing technology solutions for complex business problems while leading, helping, and mentoring a team of incredibly talented developers. Currently working with technologies such as ASP.NET 4.0, SQL Server 2008 R2, ASP.NET MVC 2, Entity Framework 4, and WCF Data Services.
Business Application Systems Developer at Northeast UtilitiesMay 2004 - August 2008
Designed, developed, and supported real-time systems to support power distribution engineering and operations utilizing n-tier architectures, C#, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, XML/XSLT, SQL Server, Oracle, and other industry tools. Responsibilities include gathering business requirements, designing modular systems, developing and implementing software, and project management.
Vice President, Engineering and R&D at Clarus Marketing GroupMarch 2014
Responsible for developing and leading Clarus' technology strategy: platform architecture, technology roadmaps, PaaS/SaaS, third party vendor relations, and R&D.
Nate Dudek's Education:
Clarkson University2000 – 2004BS
Nate Dudek's Interests & Activities:
Technology, software development, guitar, fitness, retro video games